- If an organization is great in spirit, it is because the sipirt of its top people is great.
- No one should ever be appointed to a senior position unless top management is willing to have his or her character serve as the model for subordinates.
- Action Point: Evaluate the character of the CEO and top management when considering a job offer. Align yourself with people who have integrity.
- Futurists alway measure their batting average by counting how many things they have predicted that have come true.
- Everthing a forecaster predicts may come to pass.
- The most important work of the executive is to identify the changes that have already happened.The important challenge in society,economics,politics,is to exploit the changes that have already occurred and to use them as opportunities.The important thing is to identify the “future that has already happened”–and to develop a methodology for perceiving and analyzing these changes.
- Action Point:Identify the major trends in your market that have already appeared.Write a page on their likely longevity and impact on your life and organization.
- Whoever makes two blades of grass grow where only one grew before deserves better of mankind than any speculative philosopher or metaphysical system builder.
- Action Point: Come up with a few examples of why management, its competence, its intergrity ,and its performance, is so decisive to the free world.
（To be continued…）